August 31, 2020
This is how the professionals get trapped into SISI - Single Income, Single Identity A "mouse" was put at the top of a jar filled with grains He was too happy to find so much of food around him Now he doesn't need to run around searching for food and can happily lead his life. pic.twitter.com/O814gCMXT8— Price Action Trader (@PAVLeader) August 30, 2020
either if he has to live, he has to feed on whatever has been put into the jar Here are my top 4 lessons from this: 1) Short term pleasures can lead to long-term traps 2) If things are coming easy and you are getting comfortable, you are getting trapped into survival mode— Price Action Trader (@PAVLeader) August 30, 2020
3) When you are not using your potential, you are losing it— Price Action Trader (@PAVLeader) August 30, 2020
4) If you don't take right action at right time, you will finish what you have and will be in no position to come out.#FoodForThought#ThinkBig#WorkOnYourPlanB#BeFutureReady#GetOutOfYourComfortZone
August 30, 2020
- futures trading is very expensive thanks to high charges
- in this example, I considered a nifty trade in futures and options
- brokerage is Rs.40 (buying and selling)
- excl brokerage, charges for futures is Rs.150 vs Rs 27 in options
- options trading is super cheap
- note I am ignoring time decay risks here
- source - zerodha calculator
August 29, 2020
Your broker makes no money.— Mr. Free | Earn while you Sleep (@LifeSkillGrowth) August 28, 2020
The Govt makes no money.
Your tax accountant makes no money.
Your financial advisor makes no money.
This type of investing is harmful for the economy but good for you. https://t.co/DfjeKcQyw0
August 28, 2020
August 27, 2020
August 26, 2020
August 25, 2020
August 24, 2020
August 23, 2020
I did a study of nifty futures data and analysed what happens if one takes a trade whenever nifty future open equals the low or high.
Idea is to take a trade within 5 minutes and close at end of the day.
Data analysed is from 2-AUG-2018 to date and has 501 trading days.
There were total 32 trading days where nifty future had open=high or open=low.
Total points gained were a stupendous 2400 points.
Of course, all this is in the past and profits in future will obviously not be the same.
But as a strategy it makes sense to trade these days blindly with an SL...risk reward is likely to be awesome.
In fact, one can do this analysis for all FnO stocks and get even more opportunities.
August 21, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 19, 2020
August 18, 2020
August 17, 2020
- today nifty traded in a very small range
- trading range was well within the body of Friday's red bar
- key support and resistance levels are as shown in the 15 min chart
- note there has been very heavy supply around 11400 levels
- this is also reflected in option writing levels
- support is developing around 11000
- option writers are bullish this will not break this month
August 15, 2020
August 14, 2020
- trend is up on daily charts
- today nifty closed 1% in negative at 11178
- AD was almost 1:2
- VIX up 6%
- today was the biggest one day after 7 trading days
- in fact on 21-JUL, nifty was at 11162
- so net gain to date is not even 20 points
- swing low support 10900
August 13, 2020
- trend is up on daily charts
- today nifty closed flat at 11300
- AD was 10:7
- narrow trading range
- trading bars are so small that one has to struggle to see on EOD charts
- this volatility compression will eventually lead to a big expansion
August 12, 2020
4. Decide the quantity and stop loss. Assuming a capital of say 100,000 and risk of 1%, the stop in points works out to be 10 points and a quantity of 100 shares. 5. Don't use too much leverage as it can kill you. 6. Use a method to generate buy sell signals. Contd...— Linus Trading (@LinusTrading) August 12, 2020